Rigatoni with Spicy Sausage, Rocket And Parmesan
- 1 packet MITSIDES Rigatoni
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 kg fresh hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 ½ MITSIDES Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 ½ MITSIDES Tomato Passata
- 3 cups fresh rocket, stemmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Then add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add sausage and cook for about 5 minutes until browned.
- Drain liquids from the pot and add the red wine, chopped tomatoes and tomato passata, increase heat and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat to low and let it cook (stirring occasionally) for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta and pour into the tomato sauce together with rocket, basil and oregano. Simmer for about 2 minutes until rocket softens. Season with salt and pepper, and pour in a large bowl. Sprinkle with parmesan.