Saffron Spaghetti with crab meat
- 1 packet MITSIDES Spaghetti (500g)
- 1 large pinch of saffron threads or ½ teaspoon saffron powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 50 g crabmeat
- 150 ml fresh cream
- Salt, pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Add pasta to a large saucepan of plenty of salted, boiling water and boil, uncovered, for 8 - 9 minutes, until al-dente.
- Meanwhile, dip saffron threads in 2 tablespoons of warm water in a bowl and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan, add onion and fry gently, until golden. Add crab meat and stir. Remove from heat, strain in the saffron liquid and the fresh cream, stirring well to blend all ingredients.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and empty into a warm bowl. Reheat the saffron sauce, season with salt and pepper, and pour over the spaghetti. Toss well and serve with freshly grated parmesan.