Making Gingerbread cookies with friends
Category:Pastries & Sweets
- 140g unsalted butter
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 350g Mitsides Plain Flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment. Melt butter, sugar and syrup in a pan. Mix flour, soda, spices and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Stir in the butter mix and chopped ginger to make a stiff-ish dough.
2. Wait until cool enough to handle, then roll out dough to about 5mm thick. Stamp out gingerbread men, re-rolling and pressing the trimmings back together and rolling again. Lift onto baking sheets. Bake for 12 mins until golden. Cool 10 mins on the sheets, then lift onto cooling racks.
3. To decorate, mix icing sugar with a few drops of water until thick and smooth. Decorate spooning the icing overtop the gingerbread men as you wish.