Orzo With Chicken
- 1 packet MITSIDES orzo
- 4 chicken fillets cut in small portions
- 500 gr. mushrooms cut in two
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tin MITSIDES chopped peeled tomatoes (400g), pureed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- salt, pepper
- grated pecorino cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with nutmeg and place in deep terracotta pan together with mushrooms, 1 glass water, bay leaf, tomatoes, salt and freshly ground pepper and bake in moderate oven until chicken starts to cook.
- Add butter and cook for a further 10 minutes. If necessary, add lukewarm water.
- Add orzo and stir so that it is covered by chicken fluid.
- Bake in moderate oven. Stir occasionally and add lukewarm water until orzo is cooked.
- Serve with freshly grated pecorino and freshly ground pepper