Fusilli With Village Sausage And Mushrooms
- 1 packet MITSIDES Fusilli (500g)
- 200g village sausage, sliced
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 30g butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tin MITSIDES chopped peeled tomatoes (400g)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (thyme, marjoram, etc)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- Salt, pepper
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan and gently fry the onion and carrot. Add the bay leaf, the sausage slices and the mushrooms and cook until golden.
- Add the tomatoes and stock, season and simmer until the sauce slightly thickens. Add the herbs, stir and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to a large saucepan of plenty of salted, boiling water and boil, uncovered, until al-dente. Drain, mix with the sauce and serve.