Lemon Rocket Penne
- 250 grams Mitsides Penne, (half a pack)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely diced anchovy
- 1/2 garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of red hot chili flakes, optional
- 2 cups rocket and/or spinach
- 1/8 cup pine nuts
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- grated zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place your penne in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Cook until al dente.
- While the penne is boiling, in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, and – if adding – your anchovy, chili flakes and pine nuts. Fry until golden brown and remove from the heat. Stir in the juice from half a lemon, lemon zest, and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- When the pasta is ready, strain it and add it to the large frying pan with the sauce. Stir all together and serve with the remaining Parmesan cheese on top.