Orzotto with Spinach and Cream
- 1 cup Mitsides Orzo
- 2-3 bunches spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100g. butter
- 100ml cream (optional)
- 1 cup white wine
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg,
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- In large and deep pan, heat the butter. Add the pasta and onion and stir well until the orzo is coated with the butter. After 1-2 minutes add the wine and stir until it evaporates.
- Add a cup of salted boiling water or vegetable broth and stir often. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. When the water evaporates, add the remaining water, or as needed to cook the pasta.
- When the orzo is cooked and the water has been absorbed, add the spinach, salt, pepper , close the lid and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cream and stir to create a creamy mixture. Serve in a bowl with freshly ground pepper and Parmesan.Top of Form