- 1 packet MITSIDES Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- 2 finely chopped celery stalks
- 400 gr. mincemeat (beef or mixed)
- 1 glass dry red wine
- 2 tins (800g) MITSIDES chopped peeled tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- some grated nutmeg
- Heat oil and brown onion, carrot and celery.
- Add mincemeat and stir until cooked. Finish off with wine.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf and nutmeg and cook over low heat for about half an hour stirring frequently until the sauce sets.
- Remove bay leaf and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile boil the spaghetti in plenty of salted water for about 8 minutes until soft. Strain and serve with sauce and freshly grated parmesan.