Chinese stir-fried beef with veggies
- 500g lean beef, cut in strips
- 1 small broccoli head, cut in florets
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp Mitsides Vegetable Powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
For the beef marinade:
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
For the sauce:
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
In a medium sized bowl mix the marinade ingredients and add the beef strips. Coat well and marinate for 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients and set aside.
In large wok, heat the olive oil. Once hot, add the beef and stir fry for a minute. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Then add the carrots, mushrooms, broccoli and vegetable powder and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the sauce and cook for another minute until sauce has thickened slightly. Serve with boiled or steamed basmati rice!