Lasagne Alla Greca
- 1 packet MITSIDES Lasagne
- 500 g minced meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1½ tin Mitsides chopped peeled tomatoes (600g) or
- 1½ jar MITSIDES Tomato Sauce Al Basilico
- ½ cup dry, white wine
- 1 cup fetta cheese, finely chopped
- salt, pepper, mint
- ½ cup grated parmesan or halloumi cheese
- Bechamel cream:
- 5 tablespoons (100 gr) butter
- 5 tablespoons (100 gr) plain flour "OO"
- 1 litre milk
- In very little oil fry the onion until golden. Add the minced meat and when golden add the tomatoes ( or Tomato Sauce ). Then add the wine, salt and pepper and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes. Add the mint and the fetta cheese, and remove from the heat, adding 3 tablespoons of the bechamel cream.
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water add some oil and dip the lasagne 3 - 4 at a time, until tender. Remove and drain.
- Grease an ovenproof dish and place the first layer of lasagne. Add some meat mixture, béchamel and grated cheese and continue with more layers until all ingredients are used up, finishing with bechamel and grated cheese. Bake in the oven ( 180°C ) for 25 - 30 minutes until golden.
- Preparation of Béchamel cream:
Melt the butter in a pan. Remove from the heat and gradually add the flour, stirring constantly. Return to moderate heat and gradually add the milk. Bring to the boil stirring until the cream thickens.