Macaroni and Cheese
Category:Oven Dishes | Vegetarian
- 1 packet MITSIDES Denti Rigati
- A knob of butter
- A small bunch of fresh oregano
- 100g (1cup) grated parmesan
- 100g (1cup) mascarpone cheese
- 100g (1 cup) emmental or gruyere cheese
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Ball of buffalo mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F
- Cook the macaroni in a pan of salted boiling water 2 minutes short of the timing on the pack instructions (5-6 minutes). Drain the pasta and reserve some of the cooking water.
- Heat the butter in a large deep frying pan. When it starts to foam add the oregano and fry for a minute until it starts to crisp up. Then turn the heat off.
- Add the cooked pasta in the oregano butter along with 2-3 spoonfuls of the reserved cooking water, the parmesan, emmental or gruyere and mascarpone.
- Return to a medium heat and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Season to taste and then pour into an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg, some parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake the macaroni cheese in the oven for about 10 minutes and then 2-3 minutes in the grill until the cheese is golden and crispy.