Penne Au Gratin
- 1 packet MITSIDES Penne or Pennine
- 150 gr. bacon, finely chopped
- 125 gr. butter
- ½ cup flour
- 5 cups milk
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped spring onion
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups grated parmesan
- Melt butter, add flour and stir over low heat until it bubbles.
- Remove from heat, add milk and wine and stir well. Return to heat to boil.
- When it starts binding remove from heat again and add mustard, onion, cheese, eggs and bacon.
- Meanwhile, boil penne in plenty of salted water and strain when cooked.
- Place penne in a lightly buttered deep baking pan (they must fill half of it) and completely cover with sauce.
- Bake in medium oven for about an hour until surface browns.