Penne with sage
- 1 pack Mitsides Penne (500g)
- 2 cubes Mitsides Bouillon for pasta
- 20g sage leaves, whole or cut in thin strips
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Mitsides Vegetable powder
- 2 Tablespoon red peppercorns, crushed
- ¼ cup fresh cream
- 1 cup Pecorino cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
In a saucepan with plenty of boiling water add the bouillon cubes. When dissolved add the pasta and cook following pack instructions. When ready, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, in a large frying skillet, melt the butter together with the olive oil. Add the sage, vegetable powder and red peppercorns until fragrant. Add the drained pasta and ½ cup of the reserved pasta water. Add the fresh cream, pecorino cheese, salt and pepper. Stir well. If needed, add a bit more pasta water. Serve with more grated pecorino.
* For a milder taste, do not chop the sage, just add leaves to the butter.