Spaghetti With Spicy Bolognese
Category:With Meat & Poultry
- 1 packet MITSIDES Spaghetti
- 4 slices of hot pancetta, finely chopped
- 500g mince beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 60ml MITSIDES Bolognese sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 can MITSIDES chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Shaved parmesan and basil leaves, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and pancetta and stir for 2-3 minutes until the onion softens.
- Add the beef and stir for 3-4 minutes until browned all over.
- Add the dried oregano and tomato paste. Cook for a minute, then add the red wine and bring to the boil.
- Add the beef stock, tomato sauce, sweet chili sauce and chopped tomatoes.
- Season to taste with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes until the Bolognese thickens
- In the meantime, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water. Then drain and set aside.
- Add drained pasta and chopped parsley to the sauce and stir well to mix it up.
- Serve immediately.