Summer Prawn Spaghetti
- 500g whole prawns with heads on, (about 10 to 12 prawns)
- 250g Mitsides Spaghetti
- 400g Mitsides Chopped Tomatoes
- 70g Mitsides Tomato Paste
- ½ cup Mitsides Passata
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium sized tomato, grated
- ½ cup chopped fresh fennel (1 cup chopped fresh fennel if fasting)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- ¼ cup Ouzo (omit if fasting)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice from ½ lemon
- grated anari cheese for garnish
1. Start cooking the spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water.
2. Season the prawns. Sprinkle salt and pepper and lemon juice on top.
3. In a large saucepan, add the 3 tablespoons olive oil and put on high heat. Add the prawns. Cook for about 30 seconds, turning them over, remove and set to the side.
4. Add the onion, garlic, anise seeds, chili flakes, fresh fennel, grated tomato, tomato paste, passata, and chopped tomatoes. Cook until it reduces.
5. Add the prawns and the Ouzo and cook until the alcohol has evaporated (about 3 minutes). (If making a fasting version, simply omit the Ouzo).
6. By this stage, the pasta should be al dente. Strain the pasta and add it to the saucepan to soak up all of the prawn and ouzo-tomato sauce flavours. Serve with grated anari on top!