Conchiglie grandi with octopus and pepper sauce
- 1 pack Mitsides Conchiglie grandi 500g
- 1.5 kg Octopus
- 2 tablespoons pepper sauce
- ½ cup fresh cream
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2-3 bay leaves
For the Pepper sauce:
- 200 gr black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ -1 cup warm water
- Make the pepper sauce: Mix all ingredients together in a blender and adjust the consistency of preference with water. Set aside.
- Wash the octopus and place it in an oven tray, with the vinegar and bay leaves and cover with aluminum foil. Let it cook in the oven (180⁰C) in its own juice for 1.5 hours. When cooked, cut into small pieces.
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. In a sauté pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of pepper sauce, the octopus and fresh cream. Let it cook for a minute. Add the pasta and let it cook for another minute and serve.