Goat’s cheese biscuits
Category:Pastries & Sweets
- 2 Cups Mitsides Plain Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 200g fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Whisk well to combine. Using a large cheese grater, grate the butter into the dry ingredients. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the mix, until you have crumbles.
- Stir in the rosemary, then add in the goat cheese and the cream. Stir with a fork just until a messy and sticky ball is formed. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead (with floured hands) until the dough becomes smooth and forms a ball. Roll out the ball down into a 2 cm thick layer, then use a biscuit cutter to cut out as many rounds as possible, re-rolling the scraps as needed.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Eat at once!