Mrs Lenias Halloumi pies
- 2 village Halloumi (hard), cut into 2cm. cubes
- 1 kg flour Mitsides Village flour(minus 1 glass)
- 1 cup Mitsides Plain flour
- 2-3 glasses of water
- ¼ cup sunflower oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- ½ teaspoon mastic
- ½ teaspoon mahleb
1. In a large bowl mix the flour with the yeast, salt, sugar, mastic and mahleb. With your hands, form a hole in the mix, put the oil and water and knead. If you see that your dough sticks to the fingers you can add a little more flour.
2. Add the halloumi and mint and knead again. Shape into balls in the size of a big orange, and line on a baking tray. Push balls gently with your palm, cover and leave to rest for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 180⁰C. Bake halloumi pies for about about 45 minutes