Penne with asparagus, pancetta and lemon
- 1 pack Mitsides penne 500g
- 20 pieces Asparagus cut in half
- 1 cup Panceta cut in small cubes
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling water following pack instructions and drain.
- In a small casserole heat the olive oil and sauté the pancetta until it is crispy. Drain the excess oil from the pancetta and add the onion and garlic.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan and then add the lemon juice.
- Mix the cooked pasta with the sauce and cook for another minute.
- Add the asparagus with 1 tablespoon of butter and mix gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.