Bulgur with dried fruit and nuts
- 1 cup of Mitsides bulgur (about 200g).
- 2 cloves garlic, roasted*
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- 5-6 dried apricots, chopped
- 20 dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted almonds, crushed
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon curry
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper
1. In a medium size saucepan, heat a little olive oil on high heat and add the bulgur. Stir until all of the bulgur is coated with the oil and then add 2 cups boiling water. Add salt and pepper, reduce heat and cover the pot.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, put all the spices and mix together.
3. When the bulgur is ready, make sure that it has absorbed all the water and add the spice mixture, lemon zest, dried fruit, almonds and finally the coriander. If you need additional salt or pepper add it now.
4. Serve warm
* To roast the garlic, peel the cloves and place in closed aluminum foil in the oven (180⁰ C) for about half an hour. When removed from the oven it will be soft and you can melt it with a fork.