Lasagne Verdi Alla Fiorentina
- 1 packet MITSIDES Lasagne Verdi or Egg Lasagne
- 1 kg minced meat
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely grated
- 1 tbsp MITSIDES Tomato Sauce Al Basilico
- ½ cup white wine
- salt, pepper
- Sauce Mornay:
- 100 g (5 tablespoons) butter
- 100 g (5 tablespoons) plain flour "OO"
- 1 lt milk (lukewarm)
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- salt, grated nutmeg
- some grated parmesan
- In a pan fry the onions until golden and then add the minced meat. Cook for a while and then stir in the tomatoes and tomato sauce. Follow with the wine, salt and pepper and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water add some oil and dip the lasagne 3-4 at a time. Remove when tender and drain.
- Grease an ovenproof dish and place the first layer of lasagne. Spread on top some of the meat mixture, mixed with about 3 tablespoons of Mornay sauce. Place a second layer of lasagne and spread evenly some Mornay sauce, in which some milk is added. Continue with more layers until all ingredients are used, finishing with Mornay sauce. Add some grated parmesan cheese on top and bake in the oven (180° C) for 30 - 40 minutes, until golden.
- Preparation of Sauce Mornay:
Melt the butter in a pan. Remove from heat and gradually add the flour, stirring constantly. Return to moderate heat and gradually add the milk. Bring to the boil stirring until the cream thickens. Remove from heat again and add the 3 beaten yolks, some grated parmesan, salt and nutmeg.