Wheat and tuna salad
- 1 cup Mitsides hard wheat, soaked
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 can tuna in olive oil, drained
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mint, finely chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
1. Soak the wheat in water overnight. Boil plenty of salted water in a casserole or pressure cooker and cook until wheat is cooked (about 30 mins). It will enlarge in size but it will still be quite al dente in texture. When cooked, drain and let it cool.
2. In a large bowl, add the wheat and all remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Keep left overs in the fridge. It will taste even better the next day!