Zucchini and Ricotta pie
Category: | |
For the dough:
- ½ cup Mitsides Plain Flour (Farina "00")
- ½ cup Mitsides Self-Raising Flour
- ½ Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup yoghurt (strained)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
For the filling:
- 2 cups zucchini, cut in spirals
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup regato cheese, grated
- ¼ cup halloumi cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Mitsides Vegetable Powder
- 1 tsp dry mint
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease an oven proof tart dish (about 25cm diameter).
- Place all of the dough ingredients in the mixer and mix until a smooth dough is formed. Adjust flour and yogurt quantities, depending on whether the dough is too moist or too dry. Form the dough into a ball, cover with cling film and leave to rest for about 20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a large thin circle. Line the tart dish with the dough pressing down. Trim excess dough from the sides.
- Place the zucchini spirals evenly at the surface of the pie.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs, milk, cheeses, mint, vegetable powder, salt and pepper. Pour on top of the zucchini and using a spatula or a spoon spread everything out.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 45-55 minutes.