Πουργούρι με κοτόπουλο και αμύγδαλα
- 250g MITSIDES Bulgur Wheat
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut in thin slices
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small onions, cut into very small cubes
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads, infused in 750ml hot water
- 1chillie, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons almonds, blanched
- Seeds from half a pomegranate
- Αλάτι πιπέρι
1. Pour 750ml of hot water in a bowl and stir in the saffron threads. Let it stand for a while.
2. Meanwhile, pour the olive oil into a pan and fry the chicken over high heat for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the onion, frying until golden.
3. Add some more olive oil, add the chillies and further cook for 3 minutes. Add the bulgur wheat, fry for 2 more minutes over high heat, stirring well.
4. Drain the saffron infusion to remove the saffron threads and gradually add the infusion to the pan. Simmer over low heat, stirring until the bulgur is cooked and has absorbed all juices.
Transfer to a platter to cool slightly, add the almonds and pomegranate seeds, mix well and serve.